Other exciting tours
Half day and full day tours
If by chance our signature day tour One Day On Maria is full, then we still have options for you!
Join our new Maria Island day tour cruising to the Fossil Cliffs and Painted cliffs before stepping onto the island for an afternoon guided walk of the Darlington convict settlement. Tea, coffee, juice, local beers* and wines* are provided on the tour as well as homemade cakes and slices.
Our bread and butter tour of Maria Island includes:
- Private boat transport to Maria Island
- Cruise to Fossil Cliffs and Painted Cliffs
- Explore giant limestone sea caves, spring fed water falls and ancient fossils by boat
- Cruise isolated beaches to Maria's famed isthmus and Shoal Bay
- Take a guided walk amongst the UNESCO World Heritage listed Darlington convict site with our professional guides
- Learn about the island's rich and fascinating history
- Come face to face with native Tasmanian animals
- Explore the island under your own free time
- National Park entry via contribution to our Maria Island trust
Customise your itinerary to travel over with, or return with the ferry**. Join our cruise in the morning or afternoon^. Although light snacks and refreshments are provided, lunch is not included on this tour. We recommend bringing your own packed lunch to enjoy in the peaceful surrounds at Darlington.
If you would like to explore Maria Island by yourself, you are welcome to walk the short trails around the Northern end of the island. You might also like to hire a mountain bike to get your faster and further afield. Snorkel hire is also a great option to add into your day as the western shoreline of Maria Island is a marine protected area, it is wonderful snorkeling and swimming. Just remember you are 42 degrees south of the equator here in Tasmania, the ocean is by no means tropical.
'Bread & Butter' cruise + walk tour (return trip)
- Adults: $135
- Concession: $125
- Children (3-15): $65
- Infants (0-2): $0
Cruise only (use ferry transport, sold separately)
- Adults: $95
- Concession: $85
- Children (3-15): $40
- Infants (0-2): $0
Bike hire (sold separately) $33. Please call 03 6256 4772 to enquire about reserving your mountain bike
Snorkel hire $25. Includes mask, snorkel and fin hire. Please indicate your shoe size for fins
Wetsuit hire $25. Limited sizes available. Please indicate your height and weight for proper wetsuit fitting
* Alcoholic drinks sold at $6 per serve
** Ferry bookings sold separately. Please click the link below.
^ Afternoon cruises subject to morning cruise capacity.
Require our shuttle bus from Hobart?
© Copyright East Coast Cruises